A lot of people make mistake when starting a blog and trust me everyone that is in the blogging business has, so consider this a blessing if you are about to start a blog and you are reading this. I would be sharing secret information you need to know before starting a blog, so i won’t be giving out any tools on this very post because you need to get set before you get started.
Here are some list of secret you need to know and i advice you read through and make note if need be, don’t think there would be need for that because you can as well come back to read again..lol.
- Do not start a niche you are not passionate about. If you force your writing is going to show. Your blog should be like enjoying having a long conversation with people. It should be what you enjoy talking about and at that your viewers would enjoy coming back to your blog.
- Do not spend a lot of time, energy and resources trying to get a perfect domain name. Domain name is the name of your website of blog. Mine is skyfindas.com. A beautiful domain name wouldn’t generate traffic for you so do not stress on that. The content you create does the talk for you and not the domain name.
- Do not get started on a free blogging site because your domain name will come with a lot of rubbish. When some companies offers you free blogging platform, it would seems very cool to you but trust me you would regret it later and they could drop your blog anytime. You could wake up and find your blog is gone.
- Do not purchase a bad host, as some host companies won’t be able to handle traffic on your site and your site could crash and they would need you to upgrade which would cost you every month and thats not good for business. i always advice you don’t use a free domain and also confirm the hosting company you intend using has great service. Hosting in Nigeria, i advice my clients to host with Nigeria’s number 1 hosting company called WHOGOHOST as they provides you with the best hosting service, they also have a 24/7 customer service and they are one of the cheapest and most reliable hosting company in Nigeria.
- Do not buy an all inclusive software. Like they say Jack of all trade master of none. Some software offers almost all service and i advice you avoid such. Ensure you check my next tutorial and you would be able to create a professional blog as a beginner with no skills of web design. This blog will generate you good revenue monthly if you follow my tutorial.
- Buying inclusive softwares and programs that would help you build your blog or website is not advisable because you would need to upgrade as time goes and this would cost you and trust me following my lead would get you a more professional blog at not cost or subscription fees.
- WordPress is the only platform you want to be blogging on because of the tools available. “Not the free wordpress”.
- Invest in yourself and your business: Books, Products and Softwares.
- Business expenses and personal expenses should be totally separated on your credit card.
- Keep proper record of expenses and revenue.
- There is power in pinterest for bloggers. If you not using pinterest as a blogger “you are just getting started” if you know what i mean..lol. Pinterest drives a lot of views to your blog.
- Do not give up.
- If you have just read through, do not put off starting a blog any longer. Start now!!!
On my next tutorial, i would be giving you a video step-by-step guild on on building your first profitable blog. These are all for free as you would also be getting free tools and tricks.